Updated on September 10, 2020
For many, the word “anti-aging” resonates with a joyful countenance. It is a beacon of hope for older adults. Little wonder many have gone to great lengths to drastically slow down the aging process. If it was in your power, I bet you will completely eradicate all traces of aging in yourself. After all, we’re all searching for the “fountain of youth.”
Among many anti-aging products, more extensively many have subscribed to the use of probiotics. The use of probiotics has become a norm for many aging adults. You may have asked, “Are probiotics anti-aging boosters?” Well, it might interest you to know that they are slowing down the aging process appearance-wise.
Any bid to completely eradicate the phenomena of getting old would be a failure. Aging is an inevitable biological process that eventually affects everyone. What can be rightfully done to slow down aging in the proper way?
Many have veered to using beauty products, creams, and age-defying serums just to look younger. This venture does not go deep into the body. They are only superficial and with time may cause more harm than good.
Probiotics are yeast and life bacteria that is good for the body. In other words, probiotics can be rightly called “good bacteria.” This is so because it helps your digestive system and bowel to stay healthy. They can be found in some fermented food as well as supplements.
How do probiotics work?
· After the use of antibiotics, some good or helpful bacteria are lost in the process. At this time there becomes an increased need for probiotics. It assists in replacing these lost bacteria.
· There could be times where because of exposure to UV rays, there might be an imbalance between the good and the bad bacteria in the body. Probiotics at this point help to balance up both of them amicably.
Benefits of Probiotics
As mentioned earlier a foremost benefit is that it slows down the aging process. Apart from this, there are other benefits as follows. It may help:
· Prevent abnormal weight gain
· Prevent wrinkles
· Enhance your hairs and nails
· Proper liver maintenance
· Improve the skin
· Boost immune function
· Reduce the decline of cognitive reasoning
· Support joint health
· Enhance energy levels
· Treats conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea caused by antibiotics and inflammatory bowel diseases
· Support urinary and vaginal health, oral health
· Prevent cold and allergies
Getting probiotics from foods is the best option. You may wonder which foods will contain an anti-aging booster, so here are a few.
1. Yogurt: This comes from milk fermented by friendly bacteria.
2. Tempeh: This comes from fermented soybean products.
3. Kimchi: This is a fermented spicy Korean dish. Its main ingredient is cabbage.
4. Miso: This comes from fermenting soybeans with salt in combination with a fungus called koji.
5. Pickles or Gherkins: These come from cucumbers that have been pickled in a solution of salt and water. They are then allowed to ferment naturally.
Are probiotics anti-aging boosters? You will agree with me that they are. And when used appropriately, they could result in a potentially longer and healthier life.